Definition of Shared Hosting Solutions
A shared hosting solution implies keeping and/or sharing certain web content on a hosting server run by a shared hosting company. There are different kinds of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's have a gaze at these. Doing so, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to build a web portal, email address accounts, or to share files with mates and partners.
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a service furnished by given vendors, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are frequently supported by displaying adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given period of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud shared hosting". This is an entirely awry interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud shared hosting environment would distribute the load between different sets of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different shared hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting kind is suitable if you desire to share a huge amount of images with mates or partners since the solution is typically free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to tackling your mailbox accounts. Some distributors provide shared hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you wish to manage an email address with your domain but do not desire to have a website, then the email shared hosting solution is what you need. You can create e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domain. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your shared hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to use as many videos as you wish without hassling about system resources.
- Shared hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to keep a website. To some extent, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and mail aliases, upload videos, and so on. At Net Hosting Company you can examine shared shared hosting and dedicated server services that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limitations based on the kind of shared hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared website hosting plan, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the common email/file/video/image hosting plans that are devised for specific content only.